Patrimoine culturel - Chapel

Admire the relic of the True Cross of Anjou richly decorated with precious stones, in Baugé since 1790.

A jewel in history … The chapel of “La Girouardière” holds a piece of the Cross of Christ brought back from the Holy Land in 1244. This relic was later richly decorated with precious stones by Charles V ‘s goldsmiths (1338 to 1380). The Cross of Anjou was subsequently adopted as the emblem of the Duchy of Lorraine under René of Anjou, by 1379. The Cross of Lorraine became the symbol of the Free French Forces adopted by Charles de Gaulle during the Second World War.

Photo galery
Geographical Location
Vraie Croix Agneau_web
Opening time
From July 09, 2020 to December 31, 2020
Lundi02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
MardiClosed
Mercredi02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
Jeudi02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
Vendredi02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
Samedi02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
Dimanche02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
Details on closures : Fermé le 1er et 5 janvierle 20 juin, du 23 au 26 juillet, les 14 et 15 septembre, 31 décembre